Thursday, October 4, 2012

Deejay: Cop Asked Me For Bribe

Suria FM deejay Tyzo has claimed that a traffic policeman tried to ask him for a bribe after stopping him for committing a traffic offence.

Tyzo, whose full name is Tuah Zoqarnain Idris, said the incident happened on Monday when he was stopped at a roadblock around Jalan Sunway.

He said he was found to be driving a car with heavily-tinted glass.

“The officer gave me a choice accept a summons or resolve it otherwise. I apologised for the offence.

However, he again told me to make a decision, which I took to mean bribery.

“I then informed him that I was a media personnel on duty and that I should report him to his superiors.

“He was shocked and he just let me go,” he told mStar Online, the Malay-language online portal of The Star yesterday.

Tyzo managed to jot down the name and number of the officer concerned.

He said he had written to Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar and the Malaysian

Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

The deejay shared his views on the matter through the “Citra Muzik di Suria FM” that was aired last Monday.

Tyzo said that he had received a call from a senior police officer from the Bukit Aman's disciplinary division, who asked him for more details. The MACC had also called him up, he said.

Source : The Star

No comments: